925 Sterling Silver Jewellery Care
At Sue Sensi Design, we are committed to providing you with the highest quality jewellery crafted from 925 sterling silver. To ensure that your precious pieces retain their beauty and last, please follow these care instructions:
1. Combat Tarnishing: Our jewellery is crafted from 925 sterling silver, a lustrous white alloy metal that looks exquisite when it is new. However over time, silver binds to sulfur in the air which creates Silver Sulfide resulting in dark marks known as tarnish. Fear not, as your jewellery can easily be restored to its original brilliance. Gently polish your jewellery with a silver cloth, and it will regain its luster, looking as good as new.
2. Handle with Love & Care: Your Sue Sensi jewellery deserves tender care. Avoid excessive force or impact that may cause damage to the delicate components and cause them to scratch or break.
3. Protect from Substances: To maintain the lustrous appearance of your jewellery, keep it away from perfume, water, fake tan, hand sanitizers, or any cleaning products. These substances can potentially alter the color or cause tarnishing.
4. Gold-Filled Beads: Some of our products state that they are made of "gold-filled beads" instead of gold plated beads. Our gold-filled beads are designed to resist fading better than gold plated beads, if cared for properly. Ensure their lasting beauty by treating them with care and avoiding exposure to harsh chemicals or abrasive materials.
5. Gold Plated Charms and Sue Sensi Tags: Please note that our gold charms and gold Sue Sensi tags are sterling silver that has been plated with 18kt gold. These plated elements may naturally fade over time, as is characteristic of gold plated jewellery. To maintain their appearance, gently clean them after each wear using a silver cloth.
Other Care Instructions
Wall tiles: Do not hang outside as they are made from plaster and are not resistant to the elements.
Candles: It is very dangerous to burn a candle to the very bottom of the glass jar. You must stop burning a candle 2cm from the bottom as it can start a fire or cause the glass to shatter.